How Sponsorship Works
By matching sponsors directly to students, KCIS sponsored students remain in school and help support the development of their communities. When you sponsor a child, your support provides direct financial assistance for their education and related classroom expenses. When you become a sponsor, you establish a one-on-one relationship with a child. Sponsorship will typically continue until your sponsored child has finished his/her education.
Sponsorship is $600 for a full year ($50 for 12 months or $1.65 a day). For this nominal amount, your sponsored student will be fully supported throughout the calendar year, providing the following benefits:
- KCIS opens a bank account with monthly contributions
- Each child and his/her siblings will receive a Back to School gift card
- Each child and his/her siblings will receive a Nowrooz (New Year) gift card
- Tuition Assistance (if applicable)
- Emergency Health Assistance
- University Test Preparation
- Summer School Programs (such as Reading, “Read With Me”, English, computer classes)
Our social workers visit the students and their families throughout the year to oversee their progress and ensure that the money is supporting the student’s education. Additionally, we monitor school reports to make sure he/she maintains excellent grades.